After visiting families, a failed thermostat, installing our church’s first elders, and thinking I might have hernia, I’m here to resume regular posting!
I thought I would begin by pointing out a few things I found interesting, funny, helpful, and encouraging –
- I never thought the men of T4G would ever split up, you’ll be surprised at why they finally parted ways.
- For those of you who know Greek and like to play around with cool fonts, this is the site for you.
- Michael Haykin gives some helpful information on the background of Isalm, which will only help us to bring the gospel to them.
- For those of you in the Southern Baptist Convention, you may be interested in the on-going debate about Calvinism in the convention. Timmy Brister has provided a good guide to recent “discussions.” And Voddie Baucham offers some very personal reflections. For what it’s worth, I think we should follow the example of Whitefield and Wesley – discuss the issues, but minister side-by-side for the glory of Christ.
- Even some secular sources see the value of marriage, while John Piper explains the biblical view of marriage (free or at a great price).
- The guys over at the Feeding on Christ blog have put together three posts on all the D. A. Carson sermons and lectures available online (1, 2, 3). If you’re not familiar with Dr. Carson, think assute theological mind, pastoral concern for God’s church, and passionate evangelistic zeal – an amazing combination!
- Finally, our church has just installed it’s first elders! The entire (lengthy – 3 years) process has been glorious, and I thank God for it.