This special edition of the Week in Review tries to gather all of the best articles and resources posted this week for Reformation Day. Of course, there’s plenty out there that hasn’t been posted this week. If you’re wondering what that is, get started here, or check out the introduction by Jones below.
Books and resources abound on the Reformation.
- This week, Ligonier is giving away several books, audio, and video resources. FREE THEOLOGY!
- WTS Books is offering Stephen Nichols’ book containing Luther’s Ninety-Five Theses (with an introduction and explanatory notes) for free if you place an order of any amount. This is for today only.
If you want to know more about the theology the Reformation, you’ll want to check out these links.
- Justin Taylor interviews Carl Trueman on Luther’s 95 Theses.
- Another Justin–Holcomb, that is–tells us why the 95 Theses still matter today.
- Martin Luther’s definition of faith.
- What Martin Luther taught Heath Lambert about counseling.
- Kevin DeYoung explains why the Reformation isn’t over.
- Dan Doriani also reflects on lasting effects of the Reformation following a speaking trip to Singapore.
For those who are looking for more on the history and people of the Reformation, click below.
- Timothy Paul Jones has a 30 minute introduction to the Reformation along with a bonus video on John Calvin.
- Steven Lawson told us about John Calvin and Heinrich Bullinger.
BONUS. This has been posted before, but it captures the heart of the Reformation’s theology and how it affect the Christian life: