The Mission Is Joined

Last month, I posted about an upcoming mission trip and the difficult decision of whether or not to go given the activity of terrorism in the region.  After three weeks of prayer, the elders of our church decided that the value of the trip–making disciples on the field, assisting our long-term missionaries–was worth the security risk that exists right now.  I am glad for that decision and rejoice to be going!

I will post more about the trip in the coming weeks, but for now I will say that the trip is about three months. I would ask my readers to pray for the details to be worked out as we buy plane tickets, get immunized, and preparing teaching for the field. Pray we stay close to God, relying on him, serving in the strength he provides (Col 1:24-29).

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s