One of my favorite Bible teachers is D. A. Carson. And one of the projects I am most excited about is his new one entitled, The God Who Is There: Finding Your Place in God’s Story. Here, Carson teaches through the sweep of the Bible’s storyline, explaining who God is, who we are, and who we should because of what God has done.
The God Who is There has been released as a book along with a leader’s guide for group study. The original audio of the talks that make up the book have also been released (see below). Later this year, dvd’s will be released of the same talks.
I don’t say this often, but I think every church should take every one of its members through this study. And I think, Christians everywhere should not only learn this material, but be prepared to give it away to lost friends & family, and be prepared to discuss it with them.
Here are the complete audio files and short preview clips for the video of each talk:
- The God Who Made Everything | MP3
- The God Who Does Not Wipe Out Rebels | MP3
- The God Who Writes His Own Agreements | MP3
- The God Who Legislates | MP3
- The God Who Reigns | MP3
- The God Who Is Unfathomably Wise | MP3
- The God Who Becomes a Human Being | MP3
- The God Who Grants New Birth | MP3
- The God Who Loves | MP3
- The God Who Dies—and Lives Again | MP3
- The God Who Declares the Guilty Just | MP3
- The God Who Gathers and Transforms His People | MP3
- The God Who Is Very Angry | MP3
- The God Who Triumphs | MP3
HT: Andy Naselli