Tim Challies writes one of the premier Christian blogs out there. He highlights information on current events that affect living as a Christian in the world, writes helpful and discerning book reviews, and posts reflection on the Bible and life. In many ways, he is at the center of the Christian blogging world. All of that traffic requires a well-maintained site, and now Challies finds himself needing help in keeping up with that. Thus the beginning of his Friend of the Blog campaign. The benefits to becoming a friend are amazing! Here’s the deal:
Today I am asking if you would like to help out by becoming a Friend of the Blog.
Friendship has its privileges in this case. Here are some of the immediate highlights for anyone who becomes a Friend of the Blog:
- A $10 gift certificate from Westminster Books
- A $20 gift certificate from ChristianAudio (for the first 250 Friends only so don’t dawdle! They will go fast.)
- You choose 4 new books or DVDs from Zondervan (including Tim Keller’s new DVD Gospel in Life)
- A one-year subscription to Ligonier Ministries’ Tabletalk magazine
- Album downloads from bands and artists you like (four to start, more to come)
- Deals and savings from other stores
There are also things to win including, right off the top, a Kindle. Everyone who signs up as a Friend by the end of April will be entered into a drawing for that Kindle. If you’re really a book addict, you may want to become an Affiliate and refer friends, earning $5 in Westminster Books credit with each person you refer.
So that’s what I’m offering you. I think you’ll see right away that there is a lot of value there–$160 at least. And we’re just getting started. This is a year-long effort and more will be added over the course of the year. When you sign up, you get everything there plus whatever else comes in over the year.
And what I’m asking for is $39. All of this (and more!) is yours for that price–the cost of a one-year membership. I’ve worked hard to make this the best deal it could possibly be. And I will continue to do so.
I’ve participated, so why not become a friend of a friend?